All right, I would have blogged earlier this week, but I couldn’t stay in this basement for too long because it’s been hellishly cold down there. It’s an oxymoron, I know. Bear with me.
Yesterday we had some ice storm/slush storm/some shit, and I decided to stay my ass home. The program was open, but I was using my better judgment. If I didn’t have to go out there, I sure as hell wasn’t going to. Besides, yesterday was my bitter day (I don’t think I need to mention why since I have showed my hatred for it on several occasions), so I had more than enough reason to stay home anyway. I was bored as shit, but hey, whatever.
Onwards to today. I left my house at 7am as usual, and it took me (no lie) an hour to get my first bus. Apparently all that ice backed shit up, so 10-15 buses went by crowded (and limited service at that). A bus finally stops at 8am, and it stalls…5 times. At this point, I’m aggravated, and I thought that if they were going to tell us to get off the bus, I would have just went back home. It was 17 degrees, the wind chill made it feel like below zero, and my legs were on the brink of being frostbitten. But it started, and luckily I got the second bus within 5 minutes. But I got at the program at 8:45, which is 45 minutes later than I usually come in, and I was pretty much in a shit mood for the whole day. I was like “cripes, I’ve had a hard morning, and it’s not even 9am yet.” People didn’t really come in today either (yesterday only 20 people came in from what I heard–and they treated them to pizza–dammit). I don’t blame them. I’m watching The Weather Channel and they say that it should be worlds warmer next week. I certainly hope so. You know it’s bad when I rather it be 100 degrees right now. I’m freaking irritable in 100-degree weather (and yes, it does happen in NYC, even more so here than Upstate because of asphalt heating), but I’m freaking sick of below zero wind chills.
I said I wanted snow. Mother Nature can keep that shit; not after today.
Ooh! I have a WTF Moment!
WTF Moment: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Today, while I’m freezing my ass off and avoiding breaking a leg on the numerous ice mountains that cover the curb, I see the funniest thing. There was a bird (I’m not sure if it was a seagull, a dove, or a white pigeon) that was flying really low as if it wanted to land. Then it would land, and not even two seconds later, it goes right back into flight. Now this made me laugh. Simply because it makes me wonder can birds feel cold on their feet. I’m sure this example proves it, but it qualifies as a WTF? I’ve never seen anything like that in my life.
Before I leave, someone, namely Angel, tagged me. So I guess I have no choice than to do it.
Each player of this game starts off with ten weird things or habits or little
known facts about yourself. People who get tagged must write in a blog of their
own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule
clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their
names. No tagbacks!
1) I have a very fond interest in the Japanese culture. I would love to visit there some day, and even learn Japanese.
2) I’m a Sudoku addict.
3)In order for me to go to sleep, I need three elements: the radio, a nightlight, and Jericho, my stuffed dog.
4) I do watch wrestling. Don’t ask me who my favorite wrestler is. I will not give you a straight answer.
5) I watch a lot of health shows. But I would never go in the medical field.
6) My love for all things theatrical was rekindled in high school. It was always there, but I put it on the back burner because the opportunity never came up.
7) I got my hand stuck on a sticky mouse trap when I was younger. My sister found it very funny. The nerve of her.
8) When I say that Diet Pepsi tastes like dishwashing liquid, it means that I actually know what dishwashing liquid tastes like. Chyeah, I took a sip of water and dishwashing liquid when I was younger.
9)Some days I think I am the shit. Most days, I think I am shit. It’s part of my mood disorder.
10) I eat my McNuggets by stripping the skin off first, dipping the skin in sauce, then eat the actual meat.
That’s it. Have fun.